By Golfdom Staff (January 4, 2018) — The National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) recently named the Yamaha Golf-Car Company its official golf car partner, according to the cart company’s President, Tom McDonald.
The partnership has been designed to benefit NGCOA members by bringing to bear Yamaha’s pedigree for technical innovation, while also offering incentives on Yamaha golf car and utility vehicle
purchases/leases through the NGCOA’s Smart Buy Purchasing Program, according to a press release.
“As NGCOA prepares for its 40th anniversary next year, the association is widely celebrated as a conduit of learning, inspiration, networking and pioneering management practices for golf courses,
and the players they serve, around the country,” says McDonald. “Yamaha is proud to lend its global resources to that noble mission through this exciting partnership.”
“Yamaha’s significant growth in market share over the past decade alone demonstrates their commitment to both a quality product and to the needs of course operators,” says Jay Karen, chief executive officer at NGCOA. “Stepping up in such a significant way to support NGCOA – and by extension the interests of the entire golf industry — reinforces Yamaha’s position as a true leader in this industry. We are excited to work with Tom and his great team.”
All courses in the United States can benefit from the partnership in the following ways, according to Yamaha:
- NGCOA members who convert their fleets to Yamaha during the duration of this partnership, will be eligible for a vehicle rebate.
- Yamaha customers, who are not members of NGCOA, and who renew their fleets during the duration of this partnership, will be gifted a one-year, complimentary membership in NGCOA.
- Yamaha customers, who are members of NGCOA, and who renew their fleets during the duration of this partnership, will get complimentary admission to the Golf Business Conference or the Golf Business TechCon.
- Courses, which are not members of NGCOA and which convert their fleet to Yamaha, will receive the complimentary membership and admission to NGCOA conferences.
According to a press release, the multiyear partnership will afford Yamaha comprehensive brand positioning, promotion and relationship-building opportunities through NGCOA, to include:
- Yamaha is named the Official Golf Car Partner of the NGCOA.
- Yamaha will be recognized as presenting sponsor of both the NGCOA Golf Business Conference and the Golf Business TechCon.
- Yamaha will be presenting sponsor of NGCOA’s Multi-Course Owners (MCO) Retreat and the title sponsor of the Yamaha Golf Outing.
- Yamaha will have a strategic advertising position within a variety of NGCOA communication platforms, including Golf Business Magazine; Circuit, the association’s monthly digital member newsletter; Accelerate e-mail broadcasts; and weekly podcast interviews with industry leaders.
Yamaha will also play an active role as a sponsor of the NGCOA’s Online Advocacy Center, and will have a seat on the association’s Technology Advisory Committee. ❂